Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

How do you justify...

..taking a girl's phone number when you're married?!?!?

Because my husband has gone far beyond the standard definition of loyal, I'm not freaking out as badly as most. The only thing I can think is that he is naieve. I firmly believe he thought this girl was just looking for a friend. Not a bed buddy. But honestly, who does that?? He hasn't dated in four years, could he really be THAT rusty?

Girl-"What's your number?" Brian-"Oh, I'm married." Girl-"That's okay!" "Brian-"Oh...okay. (insert moment of stupidity in giving out his number)" Girl-"Want mine?" Brian-"Sure." Girl-"We can hang out sometime." As a woman, does this not scream *I want hot married-man lovin'!*?

Now, I know Brian had no ill-intentions. He told this story like he was all excited to have a friend. He was a little perky that other women find him interesting besides myself, but that's to be expected. When you're married, that feeling of *I'm so sexy* tends to fade. It's flattering to be approached by a person other than your spouse. But giving that other person your NUMBER???

I know he's lonely, but if he thought this was something I'd be angry about, he wouldn't have told me in such a "this is how my day went" kind of way. Unless he's looking for me to come to his defense and become all possessive... Did I screw it up in telling him I'm okay with him having friends to go to bars with...? Just not okay with him conversing with girls on his cell phone...using OUR minutes!

I have never been here.

I trust Brian..I do NOT trust Girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home