Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Friday, November 02, 2007

Today Is the Day

The day I will forever know as...

The day I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans!!!

That's right baby! Work it!

As you may know, I've been back on Weight Watchers for about two months. I know that WW has a bad rep for being stingy with the foodstuffs. So for fun (and accountability) I'm going to give you a tour in a day of the life of a Weight Watcher.

I am allotted 24 points in any given day for nourishment. These 24 points are enough calories to keep me alive and well were I to lie in bed all day long. So, any movement I do aside from rolling over in bed burns calories. On top of that, I have 35 points to spend weekly as I see fit.

Here are my 24 points in picture:
Breakfast 3 points
(Blackberry oatmeal with Splenda 2, Pears canned with Splenda 1, Coffee with Splenda 0)



Lunch 7 points
(Tuna 1 on wheat toast 2 = 3, Baked Doritos 2, Yogurt 2)

Snack 1 point
(Orange slices 1, Sugar-free Jell-o 0)

Dinner 10 points
(Homemade veggie lasagna 7, Wheat toast with butter spray and garlic 2, Unsweetened applesauce 1)

Snack 3 points
(Honeydew Melon 1, Granola bites 2)

I feel satisfied (most days) on this type of menu.
And occasionally I need those 35 flex points.
It can be done! I weigh in tomorrow. We'll see how it goes... :)

8 Comments:

  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    congratulations, you look Great! Good luck on weigh in.Shouldn't you have more points bf'ing?

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Thirdtimemomma said…

    Wow! I would die on that. :) Where's the coffee? where are the M&M's


    That said, you look great! And I should follow your lead.

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said…

    Love me some WW! And you look hot, mama. Way to go!

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger CrunchyChick said…

    I wasn't losing on the Nursing Mom points. In fact, I went three weeks without losing or gaining. As soon as I cut out the nursing mom points, I dropped 5 pounds. And it doesn't seem to have affected my milk supply. :)

    Thanks ladies!

    ThirdTimeMomma- I forgot to post my morning coffee in there! I'll fix that!

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is perfect timing for your post. I've been thinking of WW again but feeling discouraged because, as you know, I've never lasted on it in the past because I got so frustrated. But I've got some new motivation (which I'll have to explain to you in an e-mail because it's private!) and you've made it sound SO doable.

    And by the way? You look hot! I love you!

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Thirdtimemomma said…

    Whew! Crisis averted. Ha Ha Ha.. :)

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Peridot&Sapphire said…

    Woohoo... congrate! You are one hot & rocking mom!

    ~sharine~

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amazing! You are wonderful and look great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home