Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Potty Time

I think we are on the cusp of potty learning.

Kellie was playing with Nora when she grabbed frantically at her privates and ran to me saying, "MaMa! Poo poo coming!"
I said, "Oh! Do you want to sit on the potty?"
"Yeah!"
We run to the potty and Kellie pee pees it up.

And another time before bed.

Then, after she'd gone to bed, but had not fallen asleep - She asked again for "Potty please?"

She woke up not a half hour ago asking for the potty. She peed in her little potty in her room and promptly went back to sleep. After the ceremonious dumping the pee-pee into the big potty routine, of course.

Kellie wears cloth diapers, so panties feel a lot like the security of cloth to catch the pee-pee. When she shows interest in the potty, I keep her bum bare so she's not confused and wetting her panties. Since that first instance while playing with Nora - Kellie has not wet a single diaper. That was around 7:30 or 8:00 and now we're coming up on 1:00 am.

Having trained kids in the day care center where I worked, I know 5 hours of being dry is a big sign she's ready. So it looks like a few naked days at home are in store for us. From there, we'll branch into panties and then even further into outings and public potties. I just can't believe this time is NOW. Ya know? And so suddenly!

But for those who know Kellie - you know that once she's made up her mind about something, there's no turning back. I have a feeling we're about to wave bye-bye to diapers until this new little Muffin is born. Wow. Just WOW!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that is so exciting! i am proud of her for taking initiative. i love that you waited till she was ready, that's what we waited for with anden. anyway--- good luck.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    thats awesome! isn't it great when they show they are ready for that!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Rebekah Gonzalez said…

    OM goodness how brilliant! "Kellie wears cloth diapers, so panties feel a lot like the security of cloth to catch the pee-pee. When she shows interest in the potty, I keep her bum bare so she's not confused and wetting her panties."
    I never thought of that with my second...she will wet her underwear all the time but will not pee on the floor... I never put two and two together until your post. thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home