Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Monday, October 27, 2008

Informed

Now that I've shared this wonderful news
with my parents and parents-in-law,
I'm ready to share with the world!
Sit back, enjoy the ride - it's a doozy!

Brian has re-enlisted in the Air Force for another four years.
We will remain stationed here in Alaska until September 2009.
He received a tidy sum of money for his committment (and ours!) to the Armed Forces.
He is not scheduled to deploy until December 2009.
I am finally able to fit into pre-pregnancy jeans.
Kellie is very interested in nurturing her younger friends.
Our life, marriage, and finances are stable.
We feel ready.
We are in the best possible position for...



A new BABY!
I am 3 weeks 5 days pregnant!
We're so thrilled!
Immediately upon finding out the good news, Terra insisted we celebrate. My sweet friends (and family- while away from home) met us at Red Robin where I stuffed my face silly and Baby got this bear from the Gudgels. Thank you families Ferrell, Gudgel, Petersen, and Reed for welcoming Baby into existence with such exuberance!

After dinner, we took Kellie to Target to pick out a present for "her baby." She chose this bunny over the monkey (the other choice we offered) and hugged and squished it the whole way home. We have talked about babies and bellies a little. We told her about Brooke (in Heather's belly) and we've decided to call this baby "Kellie's baby." I figure this will make the transition to "Kellie's brother" or "Kellie's sister" smooth. Throw in a few days of "Kellie's baby brother" and eventually we'll drop the "baby" part to come to "Kellie's brother (or sister!)"

Since the implantation of Kellie's Baby on the 22nd of October, I have been on a roller coaster of emotions.

When I nearly broke down over a messed up balloon order for Heather's baby shower that made me late to the pre-party decoration festivities.

When I slammed my nipple in a baby gate (Youch! That hurt!) so hard it bled.

When Brian tossed a soft dog toy down the stairs and hit me in the face. (I cried a LOT over that one...)

When I accidentally decapitated a G.I. Joe.

Not pregnant - I wear my emotions flapping freely on my sleeve.
Pregnant - I wear my emotions like a fragile body suit. I'm a mess and sob a LOT.
All the ups and downs and (one bout of) puking I've enjoyed for less than a week have been overall wonderful.
Because I know they will lead me to a beautiful baby sometime around
July 8, 2009.

Kellie kissed my belly "goodnight."
Life is peachy keen - jelly bean!

12 Comments:

  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    pregnant at the same time again, wow! We are only two weeks apart this time, awesome! We should keep in touch more. Sounds like we both have emotional roller coasters while pregnant and aren't feeling too great. Here's hoping the "morning sickness" bug leaves s both soon. Sending happy thoughts your way.

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a delightful text message to wake up to this morning. In fact, I woke up really early and checked the time on my phone and saw it. (And thanks for not calling at that ungodly hour.) Then I went back to sleep and dreamed that we were together, which was a wonderful dream and I'm missing you a lot this morning. Wishing I could be there to celebrate with you.

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh and I'd like to know more about being stationed in Alaska until Sept 09. What happens after that? Where do you go when Brian is deployed? How long will he be deployed? We must chat.

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Yea! for Alaskan friends. Love the photos. Thanks for sharing.

    XOXOXOXO!

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Penny for your thoughts said…

    YEA!!!

    Congratulations to all 3 of you! And Zoey too!!!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger The Barneys said…

    That’s awesome that he signed for another 4 years. Also Congratulations on the baby.

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats! that is wonderful news!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Big congrats Laura! I "know" you from the pin (ambj73), you made my little man longies last winter! =)

    Your due date is my 9 year wedding anniversary, how could I not comment?! (says the self-involved voice in my head, hahaha)

    Enjoy all the ups and downs, hopefully more ups, of course. =)

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger jtm said…

    This comment really has nothing to do with this post - but congratulations on baby #2! I happened upon your blog when looking for lanolizing instructions which I have shared with numerous other mamas since then. : ) But I also was reading about your serger frenzy and wanted to know if you found patterns online specifically for sergers for the lap tees and cloth dipes? I have access to a serger for a short while and want to make wise use of it! Thanks! - Tracy

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! I am so happy for you guys! Any news on where Brian is being deployed? I hope it's close... I can't wait to see all 4 of you at the wedding. I love you all!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    That's AWESOME news my Laurla! Congrats on your new baby, I hope this pregnancy goes well for you.

    Lovez from the Paulie

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Tyson and Sheryl said…

    congrats, good luck!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home