Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Monday, August 13, 2007

Rags To Riches


Is there anything my new serger can't do??

In the short time that Bernie has been with me, I've made a little over a dozen cloth wipes for Nora, eight lap tees for Kellie, a little over two dozen cloth napkins, and three new cloth diapers! I'm going to make curtains for Kellie and a skirt for me this week. I'm having so much fun with Bernie! Thanks Mom!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Wow, you are amazing. You picked up quickly on using that machine! What a great mom you are.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Kasynia said…

    Holy cow, did you thread it all by yourself?! Those things are seriously daunting to me. I thought I did a fabulous job getting my mom's bobbin threaded, and the machine all going, etc. and here you are, kicking my butt! :)

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger CrunchyChick said…

    I was intimidated by threading at first. But my mom taught me an old trick. Tie the new thread to the old thread. Not like you would tie a shoe (in an X) but more like you'd tie off a plastic bag. One twist. Cutt off the tail. Then run the machine until the knot gets to the needle. cut off the knot. Thread through needle. Voila!

    If you're rethreading the bottom thread, the holes are big enough that you don't need to even mess with it. You can even leave the knot in the thread and continue to sew. Won't affect your serging at all. Cool, huh?

    I have had to completely re-thread. I recommend trying that only if you're calm, happy, and NOT in an 85 degree basement! :) I'm an old pro at threading, now. It's kind of like riding a bicycle.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Kasynia said…

    Haha, that is AWESOME! I'm seriously impressed. I don't think I'd be able to stand sewing in our 80 degree apartment, argh. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home